Sunday 30 October 2011

Ѱesting Deep Waters of Love

Preface to the following poem:
I was flipping through pages of my Psychological Testing textbook and was amused by the ability of the author to present real life events in terms of variables and quantities which he felt made sense after psychologists had done so.
I thought I'd try that on myself and penned my thoughts down in an attempt to make sense out of what seemed incoherent at the time.
(Simply to realise later on that I had only succeeded in putting those thoughts in a more complicated manner! )

Here it goes:


What is it that you're questioning?
Is it the validity of my feelings for you?
Or the norms I've set to be able to call it love?

Do you believe in the reliability of oral response?
Or is it my deception technique that you're really testing?

Somewhere along the scale I set for you, a discrepancy within the scores has arisen.
Do I look for the causal agents?
Or should I simply regard it as an insignificant error?

True, my sample for love has not been large & the norms I've set could do with a revision.

But honey, if you're doubtful about the reliability of 'us' lasting forever,
Then your future is doomed,
As there are no true predictors when it comes to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment