Friday 15 March 2013

(Inspired by Jenny's words in the Manatee episode of TLW.) 


I marvel at the beauty of nature and the oddity of its creatures.

A manatee's movements, its lips, its tongue- communicates the secrets we've forgotten to search.

The soaring birds reflect my desires.
They tease and dive into my quarry of fire.

Lamenting over the days forgone,
I slip into the holes excavated by mammoths.
-Visible in light even after eons of dawn.

I must not refrain from speaking to those in disdain,
I can hear the monkeys pogoing away their miseries and pain.

Swimming to the edge of careful sycophancy,
are huddled up felines, in all of their vanity.

This tryst with bounty,
an affair of a lifetime,
is wearing me out,
forevermore, these days.

The beauty that shone from the Creator's cornerstone,
reflected subtlety that arose wonder in our hearts.
The vulgarity now, can't penetrate even the skin of a dying leper who hasn't the will to start.
For tonight, I will dissolve into a mass of trite.
See a world without amazement, reflecting in the sky's eyes.

16/2/2013 - 17/2/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment